Two options to choose from:
Pojišťovna VZP, a. s. (PVZP)
- Scope of cover identical to the Czech public healthcare insurance
- Limit 1 800 000 CZK (min. 60 000 EUR)/claim
- Provides cover for events, where obvious indications occurred before signing of the insurance contract, or had to be known to the insured person before signing of the contract
- The only exclusion is related to pregnancy existing at the moment of entry
- 2 000 CZK limit for premium dental materials which are not included in the Czech public healthcare insurance
AXA ASSISTANCE CZ, s.r.o. (AXA)
- Scope of cover similar to the Czech public healthcare insurance
- Limit 1 600 000 CZK (min. 60 000 EUR)/claim
- Does not cover events, where obvious indications occurred before signing of the insurance contract or had to be known to the insured person before signing of the contract.
- Other minor exclusions (extreme or professional sports, spa treatment, events caused by alcohol consumption other than injuries, etc.) Dental treatment with a limit of 5 000 CZK per claim
Most common questions:
Q: Where can I get more details about the scope of cover?
A: European legislation requires the insurer to compile so called IPID (Insurance Product Information Document). Key features, exclusions and administrative procedures are specified in this documents – PVZP IPID / AXA IPID.
Q: Does the insurance only work in the Czech Republic?
A: The comprehensive cover is only in the Czech Republic. However, both options provide necessary and urgent care for short stays (30 days maximum) of the insured person in the Schengen area, outside the territory of the Czech Republic.
Q: Will the insurance be accepted bymy embassy when applying for a visa?
A: Absolutely! Both options offer comprehensive cover with limits that follow local legislation.
Q: Is there any limitation when deciding which option to use?
A: Yes, AXA won’t offer the cover to anyone who had experience with any of the following health conditions. PVZP will need detailed health questionnaire to evaluate on a case to case basis.
Q: I know which option I want, now what?
A: Please fill our short questionnaire so that we can collect basic information about you. You don’t have to print or sign the questionnaire, what we need is just the data to prepare the policy offer for your review.If you are 27 years or older, you might be required to fill detailed questionnaire, the same applies if you indicate your experience with any of the health conditions specified above. This may result in increased premium.
Q: When do I get my insurance certificate?
A: When using PVZP, we are usually able to send you scan of the certificate within less than 8 work hours after we receive the premium payment. With AXA, it may take a few days.
Q: How do I pay the premium?
A: The premium should be paid by bank transfer, using the payment details provided by the insurer. However, from our experience, when it comes to international bank transfers, usually there are significant bank-charges related to the bank transfer (sometimes up to 100 USD) so we prepared our own solution where you can pay the premium by credit card via Paypal, and we then transfer the premium to the insurer. Either of the options is perfectly fine for you to use, just keep in mind that the insurer must receive the full amount of the premium before any proof of insurance is provided to you.
Q: How does the insurance work once I arrive in Czech Republic?
A: You will get your assistance card. If you encounter any health issues, you call the assistance service which offers 24/7 medical support. They will then evaluate your situation and recommend next steps.
How much does it cost?
The price is determined solely by the insurance policy period. Sample prices are shown below. The cover can be arranged for any number of months as long as it is 4 or more. Prices valid as of 29. April 2020 under the assumption of a good health condition of the insured person. Pre-existent health issues may increase the price of the insurance.
Pojišťovna VZP, a. s.
AXA ASSISTANCE CZ, s.r.o.
|5 months||3 600 CZK||3 900 CZK|
|6 months||5 400 CZK||5 400 CZK|
|10 months||8 350 CZK||9 000 CZK|
|12 months||9 900 CZK||10 800 CZK|
|18 months||14 350 CZK||14 800 CZK|
|24 months||18 400 CZK||19 600 CZK|
|36 months||25 450 CZK||28 400 CZK|